Quaint Country Weddings Booking Form Terms & Conditions
Quaint Country Weddings includes the company, staff and marquee shall be called the VENUE here on in:
Note: The church, hall, church yard are independent from the venue. Church ceremonies, use and relating costs are by agreement with the vicar and not part of the venue hire. Please contact the vicar direct to book and arrange your ceremony.
The couple, person or company who have agreed to hire the Venue shall be known as the client from here on in:
Published prices in our leaflet are a guide only. Bookings are based on a firm quotation provided in writing. Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days, thereafter prices may be subject to alteration without prior notice.
- Venue Hire
- To include the marquee
- Rustic wooden table outside
- Maximum 150 guests permitted at any one time.
- Outside fire pit recommend the client brings log. The fire pit must not be moved from the initial location as chosen by Quaint Country Weddings.
- Free onsite parking to included. Overnight parking permitted on the field only. No person is allowed to stay onsite overnight in any vehicle, caravan, tent or campervan.
- Access to the venue: The marquee may be installed on the morning of Day 1 (ask for details)
- Day 1 – Setting up, day before, all setting up must be completed by 6pm – Partying, BBQ’s or music are not permitted on the setting up day. Anyone staying over must do so quietly and no social gathering. Guests found making a nuisance will be asked to leave the venue.
- Day 2 – Venue day, guest are the responsibility of the couple booking the venue. At the end of the evening all guests (unless camping) must leave the site as quickly as possible. Guests waiting for transport must do so quietly so not to disturb neighbours.
- We do not permit the consumption of alcohol on the venue grounds after closing time (stated below). Even if the alcohol is provided by the bride, groom or any guest.
- Day 3 – the venue must be cleared and handed back by 12 noon and in the same clean tidy condition as received at the start of setting up.
- Your suppliers are responsible for removing their own rubbish, any items left by your suppliers must be removed from site by yourselves.
- Chinese Lanterns and fireworks are not permitted.
- Natural confetti only is allowed.
- Smoking is only permitted away from any building and marquee.
- All music shall be restricted to 92 db maximum. A noise limiter will be in operation to stop noise levels over and above this level. Please check your music supplier can play within these limits.
- Playing of unauthorised music or noise is not permitted.
- Music and bar services to finish by midnight unless agreed in writing by Quaint Country Weddings.
- The venue must be vacated by 12.30am (Friday & Saturday wedding days) or midnight (Sunday to Thursday wedding days). The venue will be locked thereafter with no admission.
- No caravans or camping is permitted on site. No persons are allowed to stay onsite after the venue closes,
- We operate a zero-tolerance drugs policy, anyone found participating in the taking of drugs may be removed from the venue.
- Additional Services
Any additional services or hire of equipment requests received after booking the event must be confirmed in writing and will be charged as additional. These additional services will be charged as separate. Services such as caterers, wedding planners or other hired suppliers will require a deposit at time of (to be agreed) with the full payment must be received 90 days prior to the event (unless agreed otherwise in writing by Quaint Country Weddings)
- Confirmation of Booking
On confirmation of your booking, a non-refundable deposit will be payable along with a signed copy of the terms and conditions. The booking will remain provisional until both the signed terms and conditions and deposit have been returned. Once received and accepted by Quaint Country Weddings the booking is under contract and will be subject to payment and cancelation terms as set out here. Where the event is booked within 3 calendar months of the event date itself, immediate payment will be required Long term booking will require the balance payment 90 days prior to the event date, taking into account deposit and any early payments received.
- Cancellation & Postponement by Client
Cancellations and postponements must be notified in writing, either email or post (text or messenger cancellations are not accepted). Charges differ depending on the chosen reception structure as follows:
Initial book the date fee (£150) and deposit (£600) is non-refundable.
Other cancellation charges will apply as follows:
- Over 6 months and under 9 months – 25% of the venue costs.
- Over 3 months and under 6 months – 50% of the venue costs.
- Under 3 months – 100% of the venue costs.
Postponements Subject to date availability and agreement in writing. Postponements are agreed on a case by case basis.
Postponements Followed by Cancellation – Cancelling a wedding that has already been postponed will be subject to the cancellation charges above. The cancellation fees shall be charged based on the original wedding date.
- Cancellations by Quaint Country Weddings
Quaint Country Weddings reserves the right to cancel a confirmed booking on the following basis:
- If the client is more than 45 days in arrears with any payment due
- If the client is in breach of terms and conditions.
- Force Majeure – in the event that the venue is unable to perform its obligations to the client, in whole or in part, as a result of circumstances e.g. acts of Good, Fire or flood. Government intervention, civil disturbance, war, disaster, strike, labour disputes; not resulting from negligence from Quaint Country Weddings, preventing the supply of services.
In such circumstances, Quaint Country Weddings management may, at its discretion, refund any advance payments made in respect of booking, but shall not exceed the amount paid by the client and will have no further liability to the client.
- Damage and Injury
- A £250 damage Waiver is to be made payable to Quaint Country Weddings 7 days prior to setting up on the first day of the designated event period. This will be refunded to the client upon leaving the venue in a satisfactory and unaffected state.
- Damage found to table cloths will be chargeable per cloth, this includes excessive food damage, children’s colouring, candle wax, fire or any other damage.
- Due to the nature of the venue and freedom of the clients, guests and representatives there are a large amount of dark areas surrounding the venue Quaint Country Weddings are not responsible for any damage, loss or injury to any persons or property on the venue and recommend the suggested insurance (see 8 below) includes allowances for possible damage, loss or injury.
- The client is responsible to Quaint Country Weddings for any damages to property or theft of property caused by themselves, their guests or their suppliers.
- The venue are not responsible for any person working at height. Due to health and safety venue ladders are not available for client or guest use.
- Any guest, supplier or person found to be aggressive, insulting, abusive, fighting or found taking illegal substance will be asked to leave the venue with immediate effect.
- To comply with licensing and venue management control any unauthorised alcohol found onsite, other than supplied by the venue, bar or client, will be confiscated.
- The client is responsible for ensuring that any supplier employed directly by them complies with legal stator requirements including the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Quaint Country Weddings accepts no liability for the loss or damage of personal effects, including clothing or footwear, brought on the premises by the client, the guests, representatives or contractors employed directly by the client.
- Quaint Country Weddings are not responsible for any loss, damage or theft to the clients, guests or suppliers or representatives’ vehicles whilst at the venue.
- Each guest indemnifies Quaint Country Weddings from and against any and all liability to any claims, proceedings or damages result in or arising from the booking or the guest.
- We reserve the right to charge the client the cost of rectifying any damage, caused by deliberate, accidental, negligent or reckless act, omission, default or cause of the client, client’s guests, or suppliers employed by the client, to the venue.
It is strongly advised that the client takes out suitable insurance Cover to protect themselves financially in the event of postponement or cancellation. The policy should include a suitable level of indemnity in the event of damage caused to the venue. It is recommended the insurance covers its contents, venue and grounds, to include themselves, guests, representatives and contractors employed. The insurance must cover the use of a fire pit and the client must adhere to any instructions as provided by the insurance company.
The client should ensure that any contractors or suppliers employed has a Public Liability Insurance (recommend the client obtains copies) and all equipment is PAT tested.
- Pictures and Images
We take lots of pictures of the site, events and guests. We may use these images for marketing and promotion purposes. Please tell us if you would prefer that we do not use a picture of you or your guests on our website, social media or elsewhere.
- Live Streaming / Security Cameras
24 hour security recording cameras / live streaming must remain in operation at all times due to health and safety and venue management purposes. Cameras must not be moved, turned off, covered or tampered with. Any interference to a camera may result in immediate closure of the venue. Any damage will be chargeable.
Any concerns or issued should be brought to the attention of site staff during the hire period, enabling the opportunity to resolve the situation at the time.
Any complaints following the event should be made in writing within 7 days of the event.
- Handing back the Venue
- The client is responsible in returning the venue back to Quaint Country Weddings in the same condition as received. This includes all clearing of the site of decorations and any goods, removal of all rubbish and commercial waste from the venue. The client is responsible in ensuring any suppliers instructed by the client removal all goods from the site. Handing back of the venue to Quaint Country Weddings by midday on the day after the event.
- The client is responsible for obtaining any site permits that may be necessary. The client is responsible and will indemnify the company against any loss or damage suffered by the venue whatsoever the cause unless the hirer has paid the damage waiver fee referred to on the quotation/confirmation of order. In no circumstances will the liability of the Company exceed the total hire charge.
- The client will remain responsible and indemnify the company against any damage or loss caused by their negligence. In the event of a claim for loss or damage being accepted by the company’s insurers, The Client will be liable for the first £500.00 of any such loss or damage.
- At the end of the agreed hire period the client will leave the venue and its hired equipment in the same condition as was provided at the commencement of the hire period. This includes removing any new markings through spillages on all flooring and removing any new markings on PVC walls and windows. It is not permitted to apply duct tape onto the PVC walls and windows. In the event of a claim for loss or damage being accepted by the company’s insurers, the client will be liable for the first £250.00 of any such loss or damage.
- Deposits & Payment Options – The venue offers two payment options, as follows:
Marquee Structures – Book the date fee (£150) plus a £600 deposit
- A) Interest Free Direct Debit Option
- £150 book the date fee – payable when booking your date
- Choose your monthly amount and payment date.
- Deposit included as part of the direct debit plan
- Monthly amounts may differ to suit finances.
- Direct debits must start within 60 days of book the date.
- Full balance paid 90 days before to your wedding.
- B) Pay as and When Option
- £150 book the date fee – payable when booking your date
- Full deposit, £600, due on within 60 days of booking your date
- Interim payment (25% of overall cost) 180 days prior to the event
- Top up payments may be paid at any time.
- Full balance paid 90 days before your wedding event
Damage waiver fee of £250 to be paid 7 days prior to the event (See section 7 above)
Deposits payable via bank transfer, cheque or by card over the phone
Booking the date first come first served basis on book the date payments received.
By paying the book the date fee the client hereby accepts the terms and conditions as written above.
Where the Government has forced a closure your insurance should cover the costs of all deposits and costs involved, please check their terms and conditions.