This is a preview page, remember to publish it if needed. You can edit the full calendar and form settings into the admin settings page.
Would you like to know more about getting married in the Church?
St Mary’s Church, Trelystan is a Church of England church and therefore governed under the following church rules.
1. Are the couple free to marry one an other? If yes then check out the details below.
2. Does the bride or groom or any member of their family have connections to the Trelystan, Leighton parish? If so the couple are free to marry in the church
3. If the couple or any of their family have no relation of the Trelystan or Leighton parish then the church would like the couple to become registered on the parochial register. To do this the church would like the couple to attend one service a month over a 6 month period (the period can be extended so 6 services over 12 months). Three of these services are the couples bans. The church only holds one service a month so therefore understand if the couple can’t make all six services. Once complete the couple are then free to marry in the church.
4. If the couple were to stay in the local area for 3 or more consecutive weeks.
Looking for ideas try out this church ceremony planner tool.
The couple could give 28 days notice in their local registry office, thereafter sign their wedding certificate in the presence of two witnesses without any ceremony. The couple could then have a church blessing or renewal of vows. Same as a wedding ceremony but without signing the register, similar to getting married abroad. The church blessing if half the cost of the actual church wedding and guests would be non the wiser.
Signing the wedding certificate can be done on the morning of the wedding or anytime before the blessing to suit the bride and groom.
Not looking to Marry in the Church
Why not have a personalised ceremony outside with a celebrant. Once you have signed the register (see below) you are free to hold a ceremony with you guests outside or in the Marquee/tipi
How to apply at the registry office
- Call your local registry office –
- There will be a booking fee approx £21
- Notice of marriage approx £35 per person (28 day notice)
- As you will be holding your ceremony at Quaint Country Weddings you only need to visit the registry office to sign the register with 2 witnesses – Fee approx £46 (week days) £170 (Saturday) – this can be carried out the day before your ceremony.
Here is the link to the fees at Powys Country Council registration office
Saturday, 17 August 2019 from 10:30-16:30
Quaint Country Weddings
Saturday 17th August we shall be holding a wedding venue open day.
Pop and see this new dream location wedding venue. There will be a dressed marquee, quaint church and rustic hall on show.
Lovely suppliers joining us, Pour Horse bar, Daisy Bell Tents, Clun Bar, Evolution Entertainment, Darren Musgrove Photographer, Wedding planner and hopefully a Celebrant.
A great opportunity to discuss your plans with our coordinator and suppliers.
Sunday 18th August viewings also available by appointment.
Like to know more? email
Visit our website http://www.quaintcountryweddings.co.uk
Free admission and parking with refreshments.
Bring the children along and enjoy themselves in the beautiful countryside